- This event has passed.
Leadership Dialogue Plenary:- Investing in Biodiversity: Diversifying & innovating financing models for P&CAs.
July 20, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
This Leadership Dialogue will bring Development Partners & CEOs of INGOs together to discuss & make suggestions as to how Global Cooperation
can be improved & better achieved & provide a critical overview about investments in conservation in Africa. Questions such as what the impact has
been, the challenges & what needs to be done differently could be responded by the panellists.
The moderator, Teddy Mugabo, CEO Rwanda Green Fund, will introduce the session & a keynote address by:
- Paulo Gomes, Co-founder, New African Capital Partners, Former Executive Director at the World Bank
- Kevin Kanina Kariuki, Vice President, Africa Development Bank
The panellists will include:
- Hon. Claudine Uwera, Minister of State in charge of Economic Planning, Rwanda tbc
- Hon. Steffi Lemke, Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety & Consumer Protection.
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary UNECA tbc
- Carlos Manuel Rodrigues, Executive Director, GEF tbc
- Diana Putnam, Senior Deputy Assistant Administrator Bureau for Africa, USAID
- Keon Deons, Director General International Partnerships, EU tbc
Video: Alain Liva Raharijaona, Executive Director of Madagascar Fund – Video. This will be followed by an open Q&A session & a concluding summary
by the moderator